Without proper conditioning, even the finest-quality leathers, like those in the FOR LIFE products, will eventually dry and lose their durability. Take the time to care for the leather – and you’ll be rewarded with a pair of boots or shoes which will not only keep their looks, but last for years to come.
- Remove dirt with a damp cloth.
- When dry, apply a small amount of Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam (or similar leather-care product) to the leather, in an even layer, using the sponge provided. Ensure that the balsam is worked into the seams.
- If using Dr. Martens Wonder Balsam, leave the Wonder Balsam to absorb for five minutes.
- Remove any excess with a cloth.
- Place your boots or shoes on newspaper when cleaning, to avoid damaging surfaces.
- If your boots or shoes become wet, always allow them to dry naturally.
- Under normal wearing conditions, carry out the procedure detailed here once every three months. Should your boots or shoes become extremely wet or soiled, we recommend treating them at your earliest convenience.